uima-user mailing list archives

From Spico Florin <spicoflo...@gmail.com>
Subject Dependency injection support in UIMA
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 13:22:09 GMT
Hello!
   I have a connection to data source (triplestore) that is used by
multiple annotators. With the current implementation of UIMA I have to
provide this connection in for all these annotators descriptors, making the
deployment very tedious when switching from one environment to another (for
example test env to production env).
I have read the  posts from
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.uima.general/3340 but still is
not clear for me how to handle the DI. Basically I would like to inject
this connection to all of annotators that need it from a single
configuration file, thus eliminating the mentioned inconvenience.
  Can you please provide what is the best approach for handling this kind
of problems?

I look forward for your answers.

 Regards,
  Florin

P.S. I was thinking to use Spring and ApplicationContext and its
configuration file. Is this a suitable solution?