uima-user mailing list archives

From Himanshu Gahlot <himanshu.gahlo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should document level annotations inherit from DocumentAnnotation?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 18:27:38 GMT
I think I have found the answer in the AnnotationBase documentation:
http://uima.apache.org/downloads/releaseDocs/2.2.2-incubating/docs/html/tutorials_and_users_guides/tutorials_and_users_guides.html#ugr.tug.aas.annotationbase.
It says that Annotation is just one sub-type of AnnotationBase which is
suitable for textual annotations and users should inherit from
AnnotationBase to create their own annotations which may not have 'begin'
and 'end' features. So, I think if I need document level annotations which
lack 'begin' and 'end' features then there is no restriction in inheriting
from AnnotationBase.

Himanshu