uima-user mailing list archives

From Tony Su <ton...@su-networking.com>
Subject Re: Error when running DocumentAnalyzer script
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2012 00:00:45 GMT
Hello,

Am hoping for some insight.

After installing Sun Java 5, an error was finally returned running
./documentAnalyzer.sh. In fact, curiously now the error occurs for all
versions of Java I use. Before installing Java 5, this error never showed
up.

TIA,
Tony

Essentials:
Have ran UIMA 2.4 SDK and UIMA 2.3.1 SDK against these versions of Java
openJAVA 1.7
Sun Java 5
Sun Java 7

Each time the version of Java was changed, these steps:

1. Modify JAVA_HOME to point to the new java binary location
2. run "source /etc/profile" to enable the new profile settings containing
JAVA_HOME and UIMA_HOME.
3. Run "echo $JAVA_HOME" to verify the new setting.
Usually no need to re-run $UIMA_HOME because I'm running against the same
version, only the Java version is being changed
4. Run ./adjustExamplePaths.sh
No errors. Just a few "case ignored" warnings.
5. Run ./documentAnalyzer.sh

Now,
The following error is displayed no matter what Java version I'm running,
DocumentAnalyzer won't launch at all (before it did although broken as
described earlier in this thread).

Computername:/home/tony/apache-uima/bin # ./documentAnalyzer.sh
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(libgcj.so.13)
   at org.apache.uima.bootstrap.UimaBootstrap.main(UimaBootstrap.java:98)
Caused by: java.awt.AWTError: Cannot load AWT toolkit:
   at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(libgcj.so.13)
   at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(libgcj.so.13)
   at java.awt.Window.<init>(libgcj.so.13)
   at java.awt.Frame.<init>(libgcj.so.13)
   at javax.swing.JFrame.<init>(libgcj.so.13)
   at
org.apache.uima.tools.docanalyzer.DocumentAnalyzer.<init>(DocumentAnalyzer.java:218)
   at
org.apache.uima.tools.docanalyzer.DocumentAnalyzer.<init>(DocumentAnalyzer.java:214)
   at
org.apache.uima.tools.docanalyzer.DocumentAnalyzer.main(DocumentAnalyzer.java:921)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(libgcj.so.13)
   ...1 more
   at java.lang.Class.forName(libgcj.so.13)
   at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(libgcj.so.13)
   ...9 more