uima-user mailing list archives

From Julien Nioche <lists.digitalpeb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: f-score evaluation tool?
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2012 09:48:48 GMT
Hi Yasen

> P.S. I come from the GATE world and I believe UIMA will give me better
> performance and more options for distribution and parallel processing.

Without going in an in-depth comparison : Behemoth (
https://github.com/DigitalPebble/behemoth) can be used to deploy your UIMA
or GATE pipelines over a Hadoop cluster so both tools are on an equal
footing from that point of view. UIMA-AS can be used for non-batch,
low-latency processing, there is no equivalent for GATE but building one
with e.g. Storm would not be too difficult to do.  UIMA is likely to be
faster than GATE indeed however it has no equivalent of JAPE.

Julien

--
*

http://digitalpebble.blogspot.com/