uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Dependency injection support in UIMA
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 15:50:17 GMT

The next release of UIMA will have a facility that augments the existing methods
of setting parameters with an additional one based on (a slight extension of)
Java properties files.  It's purpose is to collect into one spot all the
parameter settings needed for a complex set of annotators.  The original working
discussion for this is on our wiki; I think what got implemented is close to
that (but not exactly), see

On 11/20/2012 8:22 AM, Spico Florin wrote:
> Hello!
>    I have a connection to data source (triplestore) that is used by
> multiple annotators. With the current implementation of UIMA I have to
> provide this connection in for all these annotators descriptors, making the
> deployment very tedious when switching from one environment to another (for
> example test env to production env).
> I have read the  posts from
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.uima.general/3340 but still is
> not clear for me how to handle the DI. Basically I would like to inject
> this connection to all of annotators that need it from a single
> configuration file, thus eliminating the mentioned inconvenience.
>   Can you please provide what is the best approach for handling this kind
> of problems?
> I look forward for your answers.
>  Regards,
>   Florin
> P.S. I was thinking to use Spring and ApplicationContext and its
> configuration file. Is this a suitable solution?

View raw message