uima-user mailing list archives

From Yasen Kiprov <yasenkip...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to enable source in Eclipse?
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 08:57:26 GMT
Hi Tony,

I don't know about the addSourceToJARS.sh but here is what I did:

- Build your project with maven depending on the UIMA jars
- Download the source
- Start your project in debug and step into a class from the UIMA jars
- Eclipse says "Source not found" or something and has a button "Edit Source Lookup Path"
- One option here is to add a java classpath variable which points to the root of the UIMA
sources, Eclipse should handle the directories correctly.

Another thing I tried was to build and add the UIMA source projects in Eclipse with mvn eclipse:eclipse
in the UIMA sources root and then let my project depend on the Eclipse projects (I think mvn
eclipse:eclipse does this automatically if it finds the projects). This went a bit heavy for
my Eclipse though.

Hope this helps,
Yasen

________________________________
 From: Tony Su <tonysu@su-networking.com>
To: "user@uima.apache.org" <user@uima.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2012 1:33 AM
Subject: How to enable source in Eclipse?

The official documentation says there should be an addSourcetoJARS.sh in
the root directory of the source package but is missing.

I also found a Forums thread in 2008 which speculated/suggested removing
this script-based approach in favor of using Maven only.

What should be the proper approach?

TIA,
Tony