uima-user mailing list archives

From RA <agarwalrag...@gmail.com>
Subject UIMA Applications
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 17:32:44 GMT
Being an OASIS standard UIMA looks promising to me.
And I wanted to give it a shot.
However, before delving into it further I wanted a quick reality check.
Like what all applications today are really using this framework.
Apart from IBM of course.

I am trying to judge acceptability of this platform in the market.
Thoughts that raised this question came from a very small fact.
Though UIMA well supports indexes like the SOlar, Carrot, Lucene.
I could only locate a pretty old pluginthat works with Lemur/Indri.
So there might be a lot of other hooks which are missing.

I know my question is quite broad but that's exactly what I am looking for.
I.e. how suitable is such a platform for bigger and complex projects.