uima-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Hernandez <nicolas.hernan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stripping HTML but maintaining annotations for tags
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 09:44:11 GMT
Hi David

The components XML2CAS of the uima-connectors project [1,2] do that
too in a similar way to the Tika MarkupAnnotator. You can also specify
the input and the output views.
The major differences are:
  * XML2CAS works only with XML but it allows you to specify the XML
tags you want to turn into annotations in your CAS. And the created
annotations have finer type structure (for example, annotations are
both created for XML elements and attributes, all being
interconnected).
  * MarkupAnnotator can handle HTML by adding the TagSoup parser jar
[3] in the classpath.

Best

[1] http://code.google.com/p/uima-common/downloads/detail?name=uima-common-v120111.jar
[2] http://code.google.com/p/uima-connectors/downloads/detail?name=uima-connectors-v111205.jar
[3] http://ccil.org/~cowan/XML/tagsoup/

--
Dr. Nicolas Hernandez
Associate Professor (Maître de Conférences)