uima-user mailing list archives

From <Armin.Weg...@bka.bund.de>
Subject Calling an annotator from another annotator
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 06:56:52 GMT
Hi,

I like to call an annotator from another annotator as it uses annotatations for which annotators
already exist. Calling is not a problem, but setting the parameter is. Can this be done at
all? How? Using uimaFIT the parameter values are injected using the AnalysisEngineFactory.createPrimitive().
Doing so the parameters are set in the UIMA context of the outer annotator. The inner annotator
has its own UIMA context, does it? How can the outer annotator's context be accessed while
creating the inner annotator? At first I thought that this could be done the same way as Philip
Ogren has done with XWriterFileNamer and XWriter. You just set the parameters for your XWriterFileNamer
implmentation in the XWriter context. But this seems to be a little different as I don't instantiate
a CasAnnototar_ImplBase object but create an annotator description which is than use to instantiate
an AnalysisEngine object by AnalysisEngineFactory in uimaFit or UIMAFramework in UIMA itself.
Do you have any suggestions? Or is it just me, not getting to understand the UIMA way again?

Regards,

Armin