uima-user mailing list archives

From "Roeder, Chris" <CHRIS.ROE...@UCDENVER.EDU>
Subject RE: AW: Calling an annotator from another annotator
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2012 18:32:16 GMT
How is this different from what aggregates are for?
-Chris
From: Richard Eckart de Castilho [eckart@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de]
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2012 3:14 AM
To: <user@uima.apache.org>
Subject: Re: AW: Calling an annotator from another annotator

Am 08.06.2012 um 10:50 schrieb <Armin.Wegner@bka.bund.de>
 <Armin.Wegner@bka.bund.de>:

> At the moment, uimaFIT doesn't have explicit support for injecting AnalysisEngineDescriptors
directly as parameters. One could imagine something like this:

>       createPrimitiveDescriptor(OuterAE.class,
>                OuterAE.PARAM_NAME, "outer",
>               OuterAE.PARAM_INNER_AE, createPrimitiveDescriptor(InnerAE.class,
>                       PARAM_NAME, "inner");

I've been thinking a bit more about this part. It looks intriguingly simple, but its not as
straight as with the external resources. When a analysis engine descriptor is created with
uimaFIT factories, I want it to be self-contained. Unfortunately, there is no good place where
auxiliary analysis engine descriptors could be stored in an AnalysisEngineDescription, in
particular a place from where the data could be accessed and injected into a component. The
straight-forward way of just serializing the descriptor into XML and passing that as a String
parameter would work, but it's so ugly that I don't even want to consider implementing that...
just imagine what would happen if that descriptor is opened in the Eclipse component editor.

I've opened an uimaFIT issue though - just in case.

        http://code.google.com/p/uimafit/issues/detail?id=124

-- Richard

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universit├Ąt Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
eckart@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de