uima-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject How to deploy a UIMA-AS Serivce with a Cas Multiplier?
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 14:06:26 GMT
Hello all,

I have an AAE which uses a Cas Multiplier to segment an input CAS into
a couple of CASes.

My pipeline is constructed like this:
ReaderAE
SegmentDetectionAE (just outputs segment annotations)
SegmentationCM (cuts based on the previously detected annotations)
WriterAE (should write every CAS outputed by the CM to a DB)

To speed up things I would like to deploy multiple instances of Reader
and Writer AE.
But how can I do that?

When I scale these instances like this:
<analysisEngine key="segmenter-pipeline" async="true">
<delegates>
<analysisEngine key="ReaderAE">
<scaleout numberOfInstances="2"/>
</analysisEngine>
</delegates>
</analysisEngine>

I get this error:
       *** WARN: line-number: 0 Deployment descriptor for
analysisEngine: Segmenter key="SegmentationCM" is for a synchronous CAS
Multiplier (not top level) (or Collection Reader wrapped as a CAS
Multiplier).
  However, the &lt;casMultiplier&gt; element is missing.
  Defaulting to a poolSize of 1, initialFsHeapSize of 2,000,000.
  Defaulting to a processParentLast to false for this case, to let the
parent flow with its chlidren.

       *** WARN: line-number: 0 Deployment descriptor for
analysisEngine: Segmenter key="SegmentationCM" is for a synchronous CAS
Multiplier (not top level) (or Collection Reader wrapped as a CAS
Multiplier).
  However, the &lt;casMultiplier&gt; element is missing.
  Defaulting to a poolSize of 1, initialFsHeapSize of 2,000,000.
  Defaulting to a processParentLast to false for this case, to let the
parent flow with its chlidren.
Error on line 2580 of
file:/home/joern/Downloads/apache-uima-as-2.3.1/bin/dd2spring.xsl:
   XPTY0004: A sequence of more than one item is not allowed as the
first argument of
   string() (@key, @key)
Transformation failed: Run-time errors were reported

When I specify the casMultiplier the warning vanishes, but I still get
the error at the end.
Any idea what am I doing wrong here?

Jörn