uima-user mailing list archives

From Jens Grivolla <j+...@grivolla.net>
Subject ConceptMapper: tokenizer doesn't get PEAR classpath
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 16:03:57 GMT
Hi,

when using the ConceptMapper from addons as a PEAR we are having
classpath problems.  The ConceptMapper launches a tokenizer AE using its
XML descriptor, but at that point the classpath set from the PEAR does
not get used.

This means that it is impossible to point to a tokenizer packaged
together with the CM based AE, or it is at least necessary to add the
tokenizer classes (or jar) as well as all of its dependencies to the
global classpath.

It all seems to come down to (AnnotatorAdapter.java:97):
ae = UIMAFramework.produceAnalysisEngine(aeSpecifier);

But I don't see why the classpath that is used by the ConceptMapper
would not apply here. It must have to do with how the classpath is
adjusted "locally" for PEARs instead of being global to the whole JVM,
but I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jens