uima-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Epstein <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UIMA-AS node failure
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 15:03:30 GMT
On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 11:42 PM, Arun Tewatia <arun.tewatia@orkash.com> wrote:
> Yes My Flow Controller returns 'true'. The flow controller allows the flow even
> if the XY remote analysis engine is not processed, the results are not
> appropriate but the flow continues.
Do not set continueOnRetryFailure=true for a step unless it is
appropriate to continue processing a CAS even when it fails to be
processed by that step.

Sounds like all you want is to retry sending the CAS to the remote delegate.
maxRetries="5" means retry up to 5 times before failing

> When I set timeout less than 100 milliseconds, the flow controller times out
> waiting for the reply from remote analysis engine XY. The AE XY is then skipped
> and the CAS is passed to next AE in flow.
Normally a timeout is set to the maximum time one is willing to wait.
100 ms sounds like a very short timeout.