uima-user mailing list archives

From Neal Lewis <imn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Developing a PEAR Wrapper
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 00:16:43 GMT
Okay,  I figured this out.  this implementation was WAY easier than I
though thanks to the awesome API and UIMA documentation.

Essentially, I used the PEAR PackageInstaller() and PackageBrower() to
install the PEAR and pull out it's main descriptor, as done in
    http://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-2.4.0/references.html#ugr.ref.pear

Get a cas from the AE in the PEAR.

Then I used XmiCasDeserializer.deserialize()  to read into  the cas,
ignoring the type system for now (this is from
examples/src/XmiCollectionReader.java)

This I process the cas with the AE as in
http://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-2.4.0/tutorials_and_users_guides.html#ugr.tug.application.instantiating_an_ae

This print it out using the XmiCasSerializer()

This works just fine for now, and needs to be modified to with a constantly
running CPE, but I think I'll be fine for now.

Thanks!

Neal