uima-user mailing list archives

From Eric Buist <buiste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unusable Document Analyzer because of too small font sizes
Date Sat, 24 Mar 2012 21:34:31 GMT
Hi,

I am using Ubuntu 10.10 x86_64 version, with the OpenJDK 1.7.0_147. I
continued trying to find a way out, without success. I found out that
the DocumentAnalyzer is trying to activate the system's look and feel,
which should give me a GTK-ish look with correct font sizes. But that's
the Swing's Metal LAF which kicks in, with tiny fonts. I am searching
for a text-mode alternative to the tool, or an Eclipse plug-in: no
success. It seems I will have to pull apart the DocAnalyzer, extract the
bits interacting with UIMA and write myself an alternative text-mode
tool. Or I could switch to Windows, and use the Sun/Oracle's JVM
installed there; maybe the problem is again my stubbornness of using
Linux in world of Mac and Windows users. But I would like to keep all my
development environment with Eclipse, Groovy, Android tools and now
UIMA, at the same place, rather than spreading it across two OSes.

Thanks