uima-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do I assign more heap memory to CAS Editor Analysis Engine when running Training?
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 09:01:12 GMT
On 03/23/2012 12:34 AM, Peter Thygesen wrote:
> Trying to build a token model with UIMA CAS editor. But I get out of memory
> exception. The run configuration is a UIMA Analysis Engine configuration
> and does not have a arguments tab (like plain java apps) where I can set
> the command line arguments for assigning more memory....

There is currently no tab where you can specify VM arguments like
it is possible for Java apps. We need to add one.

Do you want to open a jira?

In the mean time I suggest that you use the RunAE class to do the
training.

It can be found here in our distribution:
apache-uima/examples/src/org/apache/uima/examples/RunAE.java

Or just add the uimaj-examples.jar to your class path, create a new eclipse
launcher and then give it more memory.

Jörn