uima-user mailing list archives

From Jens Grivolla <j+...@grivolla.net>
Subject Re: Setting up third party libraries for UIMA AS application
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 13:21:16 GMT
Hi,

that's basically what we are doing, too.

If the PEAR is configured correctly, the CLASSPATH and uima.datapath
should appear in install.xml and setenv.txt, and you could use those to
set your classpath in your executor.bat. You would then avoid having to
define <path_to_my_third_party_libraries> separately.

Unfortunately, it is not always possible (in Linux) to just `source
setenv.txt` to set the environment variables because it fails on the
uima.datapath assignment (I believe it would work with UIMA_DATAPATH).
So it is often still necessary to adapt the launch script depending on
the component you are working with.I have no idea how it is in Windows.

If there are any better suggestions, I'd be interested also.

Bye,
Jens