uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <eckar...@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Common interface for sofa data and sofa reference
Date Sun, 13 Nov 2011 15:38:00 GMT
Hi Armin,

I didn't try it, but I believe CAS.getSofaDataStream() should work for you. But I believe
the getCoveredText() method will only work for text that is included with the CAS.

-- Richard

Am 11.11.2011 um 07:59 schrieb Armin.Wegner@bka.bund.de:

> Hi,
>
> A text sofa can be included in a CAS or it can be referenced by an URI.
> Writing an annotator, I do not want to distinguish between these two
> ways. I would like to have a common interface for both. Does it exist?
> Or do I have to write two versions of each annotator? For example, I'd
> like to have one method to get the document text, regardless whether it
> is included or referenced.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Armin

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing Lab
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universit├Ąt Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
eckartde@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de