uima-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to create an annotator that should reload its resources at runtime (without restarting the pipeline)?
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 14:22:10 GMT
On 11/18/11 3:17 PM, Spico Florin wrote:
> I'm using UIMA ConceptMapper Annotator. Due to the fact that its dictionary
> can be changed outside the UIMA pipeline(we have this scenario),
> I would like to reload the content of used dictionary without restarting
> the whole pipeline. The pipeline is deployed on the UIMA AS.

I have the same issue with the OpenNLP Analysis Engines the statistical
models
are updated quite often and the updated models should be used by my analysis
pipelines.

All models are hosted on a http server, and for now I just added some
code to my
AEs which check if there is a new model, if there is a new model it will
be loaded in a second
thread and replaces the currently used model.

I would appreciate if the framework could do this for me as well.

Jörn