uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <eckar...@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Java code to add Element to FSList
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 10:34:53 GMT
Hello,

the UIMA lists are linked lists and - to my knowledge - offer no convenient API. As an illustration
of how to use them, consider the following method which takes a Collection of strings and
turns it into an UIMA StringList. This method is part of the uimaFIT FSCollectionFactory class.

http://code.google.com/p/uimafit/source/browse/trunk/uimaFIT/src/main/java/org/uimafit/util/FSCollectionFactory.java

	public static StringList createStringList(JCas aJCas, Collection<String> aCollection)
	{
		if (aCollection.size() == 0) {
			return new EmptyStringList(aJCas);
		}

		NonEmptyStringList head = new NonEmptyStringList(aJCas);
		NonEmptyStringList list = head;
		Iterator<String> i = aCollection.iterator();
		while (i.hasNext()) {
			head.setHead(i.next());
			if (i.hasNext()) {
				head.setTail(new NonEmptyStringList(aJCas));
				head = (NonEmptyStringList) head.getTail();
			}
			else {
				head.setTail(new EmptyStringList(aJCas));
			}
		}

		return list;
	}

Cheers,

-- Richard

Am 28.09.2011 um 11:34 schrieb abhishek:

> Hi,
> I have created one Feature in Types. The feature rangeType is FSList&nbsp;and &nbsp;element
Type is another Annotator class(ParagraphAnnotation which extends org.apache.uima.jcas.tcas.Annotation&nbsp;).
> &nbsp;
> Now, I am not able to find out a way to set the value of this feature.
> &nbsp;
> Example:
> &nbsp;
> List&lt;MyClass&gt;sample= new Arraylist&lt;MyClass&gt;();
> MyClass c = new MyClass();
> sample.add(c);
> &nbsp;
> &nbsp;
> &nbsp;
> Is there a way to replicate similar situation mentioned above in UIMA FSList code.
> &nbsp;
> &nbsp;
> Kindly help

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing Lab
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universit├Ąt Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
eckartde@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de