uima-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Klenner <alexander.garvin.klen...@scai.fraunhofer.de>
Subject Re: CollectionReaderFactory.createDescription with multiple output sofas
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 13:05:11 GMT
Hi Richard,

thank you, I think I miss understood the capability concept, also I wonder why my 'classic'
descriptor worked, I did not explicitly create the views but I was able to use them (by only
declaring the capabilities in the descriptor). Well, now it does work, problem solved.

Thanks,

Alex

--
Dipl. Bioinformatiker Alexander G. Klenner
Fraunhofer-Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing (SCAI)
Schloss Birlinghoven, D-53754 Sankt Augustin
Tel.: +49 - 2241 - 14 - 2736
E-mail: alexander.garvin.klenner@scai.fraunhofer.de
Internet: http://www.scai.fraunhofer.de

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Eckart de Castilho" <eckartde@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
To: user@uima.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2011 2:53:10 PM
Subject: Re: CollectionReaderFactory.createDescription with multiple output sofas

Hi Alex,

a collection reader has to create sofa/views - they are not created automatically by UIMA,
not even if you declare capabilities for them.

That being said, uimaFIT currently lacks with respect to support for sofa mappings for collection
readers. I have an idea how to fix that, but didn't yet get around to do that. I think if
you need capabilities, you might want to use the respective uimaFIT Java annotations - I never
use them though. You should be able to just leave out any capability declarations unless you
use a custom FlowManager which requires them.

If you really need sofa "mapping" support for collection readers, please get back to me on
the uimaFIT users list.

Cheers,

Richard

Am 29.09.2011 um 14:44 schrieb Alexander Klenner:

> Hi,
>
> I am using the  CollectionReaderFactory from uimafit to create my CollectionReaderDescription
at runtime. That works fine as long as I do not try to create CRs that produce multiple SOFAs.
My code looks like this at the moment:

> Capability[] cap = new Capability[1];
> cap[0] =  new Capability_impl();
>
> cap[0].addOutputSofa("textView");     		//ascii
> cap[0].addOutputSofa("imageView");		//binary
> cap[0].addOutputSofa("originalFileView");	//binary
>

> CollectionReaderDescription crDesc = CollectionReaderFactory
> 				.createDescription(RTFReader.class,
> 						typeSysDes,
> 						tp,
> 						fic,cap,"InputDirectory",args[0]);
>
> Starting this CR leads to the following error:
>
> org.apache.uima.cas.CASRuntimeException: No sofaFS with name textView found.
> 	at org.apache.uima.cas.impl.CASImpl.getSofa(CASImpl.java:661)
> 	at org.apache.uima.cas.impl.CASImpl.getView(CASImpl.java:2658)
>
> and the same error for the other sofas as well.
>
> Can someone maybe provide a code snippet where a working multiple sofa CRs descriptor
is created using uimafit? I am also not sure which parameters of

>   TypePriorities typePriorities,
>   FsIndexCollection indexes,
>
> are mandatory in this case. (Since there is no builder with Capabilities[] but without
 TypePriorities and FsIndexCollections I guess they are needed?)

> Thank you,
>
> Alex
>

> --
> Dipl. Bioinformatiker Alexander G. Klenner
> Fraunhofer-Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing (SCAI)
> Schloss Birlinghoven, D-53754 Sankt Augustin
> Tel.: +49 - 2241 - 14 - 2736
> E-mail: alexander.garvin.klenner@scai.fraunhofer.de
> Internet: http://www.scai.fraunhofer.de

Richard Eckart de Castilho

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing Lab
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universit├Ąt Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
eckartde@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de