uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: legal question concerning the uima logo
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 21:06:24 GMT
hit send one line too soon ---
The name of the version with the TM is the same name as before, but with the
letters Tm added at the end :-).

-Marshall

On 9/28/2011 5:05 PM, Marshall Schor wrote:
> I added a version of that graphic with a tiny TM.  It makes the graphic a bit
> wider...
>
> Please see if you can use that.
>
> If you need another size, please let us know.
>
> -Marshall

>> Your use has been approved, with the following provisions:
>>
>> 1) we need to get a small TM added to the logo - This is something we'll do soon
:-)

>> 2) Please do implement the mouse-over as you describe so that this icon links to
the
>> uima.apache.org project. And any place you include trademark notices, please
>> also say that "APACHE, UIMA and the UIMA graphic logo are trademarks of The
>> Apache Software Foundation."
>>
>> We'll post another note once we get the "TM" added to the icon.
>>
>> -Marshall
>>
>> On 9/28/2011 1:40 PM, Marshall Schor wrote:
>>> Thank you for your screen shot link - it looks interesting :-).
>>>
>>> I've forwarded your request to the proper area with Apache and hope to have an
>>> answer soon.
>>>
>>> -Marshall

user interface of the unicore rich client, there you can see the blue cog wheel symbol, that
icon is used for "generic GridBeans". Since we have so many UIMA applications it would be
easier if we had a generic UIMA gridbean. The UIMA icon will appear under "applications" on
the left hand menu and you can drag and drop it into the workflow area. However if no UIMA
application is installed on the actual grid you are working on, it won't make sense to download
this grid bean.

the link to the apache uima project site for example.

Client (URC, http://www.unicore.eu/) software. The URC is developed under the BSD license
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSD_licenses). I don't know where else to ask, if this is the
wrong place maybe you can point me to the correct place to ask?