uima-user mailing list archives

From Arun Tewatia <arun.tewa...@orkash.com>
Subject remoteAnalysisEngine services not scaling to effect
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 04:05:21 GMT
Hi all,
I am using UIMA-AS for some time now. I have been trying to divide my UIMA pipeline and scale
it out on a cluster environment.

Here's my setup :

UIMA-AS 2.3.1
Machine 1 : Broker , 1 instance of aggregate X on Queue-X (containing entries for 2 remoteAnalysisEngines
and 1 remote CasConsumer all on different Queues - a,b,c respectively ).
Machine 2 : analysisEngine A ( on Queue-a 5 instances of service )
Machine 3 : analysisEngine B ( on Queue-b 5 instances of service )
Machine 4 : CasConsumer C ( on Queue-c 5 instances of service )

The CasConsumer puts the output in database. analysisEngines A & B are primitives.

Problem : The output in database is not synchronized, also the processing time didn't reduce
by increasing number of instances of either of the Queues a ,b, c or x.

When i run 1 instance of CasConsumer then the output produced in database is correct, but
still the processing time is not showing any improvement by increasing number of services
deployed of analysisEngines.
I have tried remoteReplyQueueScaleout parameter also, but no effect then too.

Am i going wrong somewhere in my understanding of UIMA-AS. Please help me in this..........

Arun Tewatia