uima-user mailing list archives

From James Jichun Zhu <jic...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XmiCasDeserializer problem with multi-views
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 15:32:55 GMT
Thanks, Burn. What I found was that the XMI files previous generated
bears the sofa ID "_InitialView", and when I manually change it to a
specific view name, I am able to extract the objects from the XMI file
into the CAS underlying that specific view. So, you are probably right
about "it re-creates a complete CAS matching the one that had been
serialized".

In reality, because I need to load objects from two XMI files into two
separate collections, I cannot always manually update the XMI's sofa ID
to two separate view names in order for them to be loaded into two
separate CASes. So you are right again about loading them into the same
CAS in two separate steps.

However, I ran into trouble on how to clear the CAS after deserializing
the first XMI file. I tried the reset() method but it seems to be
intended for application (not 100% sure what it means), not for being
used internally within an analysis engine component. Any other ways to
get it done?

Really appreciate all the help here.

James