uima-user mailing list archives

From Joel Dubbels <dubb...@us.ibm.com>
Subject XmiCasSerialization, XmiCasDeserialization and XmiSerializationSharedData
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 20:07:49 GMT
New user question about serialization.  I would like to serialize my CAS
to disk and then later on, with a new program/invocation/whatever, I'd
like to deserialize the CAS and work with it.  When I do just normal
serialization/deserialization I appear to be losing a lot of types from
the typesystem (provided I am doing lenient deserialization), which
results in a very empty CAS.  I want exactly the same CAS as what I
serialized out..  It looked like I was able to successfully
serialize/deserialize when I used an XmiSerializationSharedData object
between serialize/deserialize.  However, if I want to do the
deserialization in an different program/invocation/whatever from where I
did the serialization, how do I preserve the XmiSerializationSharedData
object that allows me to pick up all the types that I originally
serialized out.   Ie. do I have to somehow preserve/serialize the
shareddata object (which seems silly and also not doable because it is not
a serializable object).  I'm sure there must be a straightforward way to
do this.  Anyone have an answer, or better yet, a good example?  Thanks.

Joel Dubbels
Watson Solution Development
Healthcare and Life Sciences Solution Development
Phone: 507-253-1165
Internet:dubbels@us.ibm.com