uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <eckar...@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: XmiCasSerialization, XmiCasDeserialization and XmiSerializationSharedData (pure UIMA)
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 17:13:07 GMT
I'd like to point out the pure-UIMA (no uimaFIT) solution:

  TypeSystemDescription tsd = UIMAFramework.getXMLParser().parseTypeSystemDescription(new
XMLInputSource("TypeSystem.xml"));
  CAS cas = CasCreationUtils.createCas(tsd, null, null);
  XmiCasDeserializer.deserialize(new FileInputStream("file.xmi"), cas);

I'm so used to using uimaFIT's type discovery that I barely consider using pure-UIMA ;)

Cheers,

Richard

Am 16.06.2011 um 15:37 schrieb Joel Dubbels:

> Thanks, Richard.   So by configuring the same type system, what do you
> mean?  On the serialization side I can see you can instantiate it with a
> type system, but  in the deserializer case, how do you specify a type
> system for it to work from?  In your example, I see you are writing the
> type system out to a file, but I'm not sure how that's used when
> deserializing.  Thanks.

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing Lab
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universit├Ąt Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
eckartde@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de