uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: XmiCasSerialization, XmiCasDeserialization and XmiSerializationSharedData
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 14:15:37 GMT
Serialization / deserialization is supposed to return the same CAS :-)  (but see
exception below).

The deserialization step *requires* that the CAS you deserialize into, is
previously set up with the proper type system for the types in the serialized form.

The *lenient* flag, if set, disables the error message you would normally get,
if the serialized form has a type in it trying to be deserialized, but the CAS
doesn't have that type defined.  This allows you to deserialize just some subset
of the types in the serialized form - namely those which are defined in the
CAS's type system.

Please check and confirm that you've set up the CAS you're deserializing into,
with the type system containing all the types that may be in the serialized form.

-Marshall