uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: How to remove UIMA annotations?
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 18:31:38 GMT
The best thing would be to not create them in the first place - is that a
possibility?

Some annotators make use of the ResultSpecification to avoid generating unwanted
annotations.

One thing to know is that while you can remove feature structures from CAS
Indexes, so they will not be found via the index, the space taken up by them in
the CAS is not reclaimed (until you completely "reset" the CAS to clear out
everything).

-Marshall