uima-user mailing list archives

From Guillaume Vauvert <gvauv...@gmail.com>
Subject How to use FeatureStructure that is not an annotation ?
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 16:47:47 GMT
Hello,

I want that the jCas contains some information that is not situated in
the text (so it is not an annotation). This feature structure is a list
of PersonRef ; each PersonRef contains the ordered list of all
annotations about a particular person found in the text.
Ex : PersonRef { String firstName=Albert, String lastName=Einstein,
List<Annotation> annotationList = { Annotation#1(begin=1, end=15,
text="Albert Einstein"), Annotation#2(begin=101, end=11, "A. Einstein") } }
I have a class EntityRefList : { List<PersonRef> personRefList ;
List<PlaceRef> placeRefList; }

I believe that EntityRefList should be store in the jCas, so may extend
org.apache.uima.jcas.cas.TOP.
Is it the good way to do (I should use a standard Annotation, but it is
not the "UIMA philosophy") ?
If yes, why does JCasGen (the Eclipse tool) seem to wait an Annotation,
not a org.apache.uima.jcas.cas.TOP ?

Thanks for your help ? Sorry if this kind of question has always be
sent, I have not found it ...

Guillaume Vauvert