uima-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cas Editor: selecting annotation type
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 12:44:16 GMT
On 5/4/11 2:33 PM, Jens Grivolla wrote:
> Unfortunately this consistently freezes Eclipse every time I have
> tried it, so I haven't even been able to see what it is supposed to
> do.  The keyboard shortcuts might help, if it worked.  We've tried it
> on several versions of Eclipse (all on Linux), and all freeze
> completely when pressing Shift-Return or clicking on the corresponding
> menu item.

I also encounter this issue recently and fixed it, more details can be
found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-2112

When there are more types than reserved key shortcuts the assignment
code which assign a
key shortcut to a type hits an endless loop. Since this code runs in the
UI thread, you need
to kill eclipse to recover from this bug.

> That's what I'm doing, but with the 2.3.1 release installed via
> "Install new software..." in Eclipse.  How do I best update to the
> trunk version?

You can either build the trunk version yourself or pick up a
distribution from our build server.

I am not sure what is the best way to update, or what will happen if an
old and newer version is installed
into the same eclipse installation.
I would try to put the new eclipse plugins into the dropins folder, and
then see if they get loaded instead,
if not I suggest that you remove the plugins installed via "Install new
software...".

Jörn