uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <eckar...@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Cas Editor: group annotation types by namespace?
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 08:13:14 GMT
For a technically-oriented user, the package names are probably better. But for a linguist
or knowledge-engineer, I am pretty sure that the inheritance hierarchy is more interesting.
One dives down to the particular level one to which he can still make a distinction and then
stops.

I think it would be good to offer both approaches, maybe on different key-bindings and/or
different sub menus reachable from the context menu.

Richard

Am 10.05.2011 um 09:55 schrieb Jörn Kottmann:

> On 5/9/11 1:29 PM, Jens Grivolla wrote:
>> I think a flat top level with all used namespaces would work quite
>> well, and the submenu with the annotation type names would not need to
>> include the prefix.  What do you think?
>
> I think your proposed solution is good, because it works for simple and
> complex type system, where
> the current solution is really limited when we have complex type
> hierarchies.
>
> Any other opinions?
>
> Jörn

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing Lab
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universität Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
eckartde@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de