uima-user mailing list archives

From Chris <cma...@progeny.net>
Subject ConceptMapper and POS
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 22:39:50 GMT
The documentation for the ConceptMapper annotator discusses the possibility of
limiting matches to specific parts of speech.  If I understand correctly, by
specifying a POS value in a ConceptMapper dictionary entry, I can filter
matches to just those tokens that have been tagged with the specified POS
value (as supplied, in my case, by running the OpenNLP POS Tagger before
ConceptMapper).  In practice, however, specifying POS attribute values for my
dictionary entries does not appear to have the desired effect.

Am I misunderstanding what the POS attribute does in ConceptMapper?  Perhaps
it is meant only to use in the "write-back" capabilities of the annotator to
populate/overwrite a POS attribute in a matched token instead of acting as a
filter?

Any help is appreciated in better understanding what role POS plays in the
execution of ConceptMapper.

Thanks...