uima-user mailing list archives

From Michael Tanenblatt <sloth...@park-slope.net>
Subject Re: ConceptMapper and POS
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 16:24:00 GMT
I hope I get this right, as it's been a while since I've done this:

Assume you have a token annotation that has a feature containing a POS tag as a string value,
and that feature is called "posTag". If you want to use that to limit your lookups, you would
set the parameter "TokenClassFeatureName" to "posTag" and then you would use the "IncludedTokenClasses"
parameter to list all of the values of that posTag feature that would indicate the token should
be included in the lookup (conversely, you could use the "ExcludedTokenClasses" to indicate
those to ignore during lookup).

Specifying the POS tag in the dictionary is a way to override the tagger, assuming your tagger
doesn't overwrite existing tags, that's all. ConceptMapper does not handle POS tags in any
special way, they are just features, like any other feature.

Does this make sense?