uima-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jaroslaw Cwiklik <uim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lost Connection to Delegate
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 17:12:18 GMT
Pierre, this appears to be a bug. In the scenario you've described the uima
as aggregate client should detect a lost connection (which it does) and
create a new one on a subsequent process CAS request destined to the remote
delegate. I will attempt to re-create your scenario and see if this is in
fact a bug.

Thanks, JC

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 7:11 AM, Pierre Pujalon <ppujalon@yahoo.fr> wrote:

>  Hi,
>  I'm currently using UIMA-AS 2.3.1rc5 and I am having issues with
> asynchronous delegated ..
>
> I have a chain of several annotators. One of them is an asynchronous
> delegate as it is very resource consuming.
> So I have one UIMA service with a simpleChainDescriptor and several UIMA
> services with myDelegateAnnotatorDescriptor.
>
>  When the activeMQ broker fails and restart, all my UIMA services resfresh
> succesfully their JMS connection. But it appears that the service holding
> the processing chain (simpleChainDescriptor)  itself does not refresh the
> JMS connection to the delegate JMS queue.
>  When a new CAS is processed, I have the following exception in the console
> !!!! and the processing of the cas stop silently and passes to the next cas.
>  If I restart the service holding the chain, everything go back to normal.
>
>  Is this a bug or am I missing something?
>
>  Thanks,
>  Pierre
>
>
> ATTENTION: Uima AS Service:simpleChainDescriptor Listener Established
> Connection to Broker: tcp://brokerurl:61616
> 22 mars 2011 11:11:00
> org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.UimaDefaultMessageListenerContainer
> handleListenerSetupFailure
> ATTENTION: Uima AS Service:simpleChainDescriptor Listener Established
> Connection to Broker: tcp://brokerurl:61616
> 22 mars 2011 11:11:00 org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.JmsOutputChannel
> invalidateConnectionAndEndpoints
> INFO: Controller simpleChainDescriptor Invalidating JMS Connection To
> Broker tcp://brokerurl:61616 and Closing Sessions To Delegates
> 22 mars 2011 11:11:01
> org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.JmsEndpointConnection_impl send
> ATTENTION: Service: simpleChainDescriptor Runtime Exception
> 22 mars 2011 11:11:01
> org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.JmsEndpointConnection_impl send
> ATTENTION:
> org.apache.uima.aae.error.DelegateConnectionLostException:
> Controller:simpleChainDescriptor Lost Connection to
> Delegate:myDelegateAnnotatorDescriptor
>        at
> org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.JmsEndpointConnection_impl.send(JmsEndpointConnection_impl.java:536)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.JmsEndpointConnection_impl.send(JmsEndpointConnection_impl.java:507)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.JmsOutputChannel.dispatch(JmsOutputChannel.java:1366)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.JmsOutputChannel.sendCasToRemoteEndpoint(JmsOutputChannel.java:1527)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.JmsOutputChannel.serializeCasAndSend(JmsOutputChannel.java:658)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.JmsOutputChannel.sendRequest(JmsOutputChannel.java:610)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.aae.controller.AggregateAnalysisEngineController_impl.dispatch(AggregateAnalysisEngineController_impl.java:2381)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.aae.controller.AggregateAnalysisEngineController_impl.dispatchProcessRequest(AggregateAnalysisEngineController_impl.java:2421)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.aae.controller.AggregateAnalysisEngineController_impl.simpleStep(AggregateAnalysisEngineController_impl.java:1294)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.aae.controller.AggregateAnalysisEngineController_impl.executeFlowStep(AggregateAnalysisEngineController_impl.java:2302)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.aae.controller.AggregateAnalysisEngineController_impl.process(AggregateAnalysisEngineController_impl.java:1229)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.aae.handler.HandlerBase.invokeProcess(HandlerBase.java:118)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.aae.handler.input.ProcessResponseHandler.cancelTimerAndProcess(ProcessResponseHandler.java:108)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.aae.handler.input.ProcessResponseHandler.handleProcessResponseWithCASReference(ProcessResponseHandler.java:387)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.aae.handler.input.ProcessResponseHandler.handle(ProcessResponseHandler.java:656)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.aae.handler.HandlerBase.delegate(HandlerBase.java:149)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.aae.handler.input.ProcessRequestHandler_impl.handle(ProcessRequestHandler_impl.java:973)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.aae.spi.transport.vm.UimaVmMessageListener.onMessage(UimaVmMessageListener.java:107)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.aae.spi.transport.vm.UimaVmMessageDispatcher$1.run(UimaVmMessageDispatcher.java:70)
>        at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
>        at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
> 22 mars 2011 11:11:01
> org.apache.uima.aae.error.handler.ProcessCasErrorHandler handleError
> ATTENTION: Service: simpleChainDescriptor Runtime Exception
> 22 mars 2011 11:11:01
> org.apache.uima.aae.error.handler.ProcessCasErrorHandler handleError
> ATTENTION:
> org.apache.uima.aae.error.DelegateConnectionLostException:
> Controller:simpleChainDescriptor Lost Connection to
> Delegate:myDelegateAnnotatorDescriptor
>        at
> org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.JmsEndpointConnection_impl.send(JmsEndpointConnection_impl.java:536)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.JmsEndpointConnection_impl.send(JmsEndpointConnection_impl.java:507)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.JmsOutputChannel.dispatch(JmsOutputChannel.java:1366)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.JmsOutputChannel.sendCasToRemoteEndpoint(JmsOutputChannel.java:1527)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.JmsOutputChannel.serializeCasAndSend(JmsOutputChannel.java:658)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.JmsOutputChannel.sendRequest(JmsOutputChannel.java:610)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.aae.controller.AggregateAnalysisEngineController_impl.dispatch(AggregateAnalysisEngineController_impl.java:2381)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.aae.controller.AggregateAnalysisEngineController_impl.dispatchProcessRequest(AggregateAnalysisEngineController_impl.java:2421)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.aae.controller.AggregateAnalysisEngineController_impl.simpleStep(AggregateAnalysisEngineController_impl.java:1294)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.aae.controller.AggregateAnalysisEngineController_impl.executeFlowStep(AggregateAnalysisEngineController_impl.java:2302)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.aae.controller.AggregateAnalysisEngineController_impl.process(AggregateAnalysisEngineController_impl.java:1229)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.aae.handler.HandlerBase.invokeProcess(HandlerBase.java:118)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.aae.handler.input.ProcessResponseHandler.cancelTimerAndProcess(ProcessResponseHandler.java:108)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.aae.handler.input.ProcessResponseHandler.handleProcessResponseWithCASReference(ProcessResponseHandler.java:387)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.aae.handler.input.ProcessResponseHandler.handle(ProcessResponseHandler.java:656)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.aae.handler.HandlerBase.delegate(HandlerBase.java:149)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.aae.handler.input.ProcessRequestHandler_impl.handle(ProcessRequestHandler_impl.java:973)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.aae.spi.transport.vm.UimaVmMessageListener.onMessage(UimaVmMessageListener.java:107)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.aae.spi.transport.vm.UimaVmMessageDispatcher$1.run(UimaVmMessageDispatcher.java:70)
>        at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
>        at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message