uima-user mailing list archives

From Burn Lewis <burnle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to process structured input with UIMA?
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 15:08:24 GMT
Since I'd guess the values for each field are substrings within the XML,
your annotations could be directly on the xml document text with begin and
end offsets addressing the substring.  But if the substrings contain xml
escape sequences such as &amp; the annotation values would look a little
ugly.  I think another approach suggested was to extract the values from the
xml, concatenate them together as a long string to form the document text,
and re-apply the field structure by annotating each concatenated substring.

~Burn