uima-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Epstein <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accessing type system features within perl
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 22:11:01 GMT
The argument for $annotation->getStringValue() is a Feature object.
Presumably your type system has created a feature named
"annotatorName" for some Type derived from uima.tcas.Annotation. To
access that feature in Perl, first get a handle to that Feature object
in the typeSystemInit method, something like:
    $main::annotnamefeat = $main::mytype->getFeatureByBaseName("annotatorName");
where $main::mytype is the Type object for your custom type.

You can test this by modifying sample.pl, first in typeSystemInit:
  $main::keybeginfeat = $main::keywordtype->getFeatureByBaseName("begin");

then in in the loop at the bottom listing annotations created, add:
  print "(begin)= (", $anno->getIntValue($main::keybeginfeat),")\n";

Eddie

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 12:08 PM, Edward Johnson <ejohnson@coderyte.com> wrote:
> I am having difficulty getting/setting a types features from within a perl annotator.
 I have tried a few things without success:

> print $annotation->getStringValue('annotatorName'),"\n";
> TypeError in method 'FeatureStructure_getStringValue', argument 2 of type 'Feature const
&'

> print $annotation->getFSValue('annotatorName')\n";
> TypeError in method 'FeatureStructure_getFSValue', argument 2 of type 'Feature const
&'

> print $annotation->{'annotatorName'}\n";
> Can't locate auto/perltator/AnnotationFS/swig_annota.al in @INC (@INC contains: ...)
at perltator.pm line 33

> The first two messages suggest that I should be passing a Feature object instead of a
string, however, there doesn't appear to be a way to set the Feature object's name.