uima-user mailing list archives

From Adam Lally <ala...@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject Re: Referring to file resources
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 14:25:43 GMT
HI Greg,

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 4:29 AM, Greg Holmberg <holmberg2066@comcast.net>wrote:

>      <fileResourceSpecifier>
>        <fileUrl>X</fileUrl>
>      </fileResourceSpecifier>
>    </externalResource>
>
> I've tried a lot of values for X, trying to get it to point to the conf
> dir.  For example, file:///../conf and file:///$main_root/conf    Nothing
> works except a full, absolute path:
> file:/C:/Users/Greg/workspace/MyAnnotator/conf

According to the documentation, relative paths are resolved using the
classpath and/or the datapath.  I usually put my resource files in a
directory called "resources" which I add to the classpath.

Here's the relevant paragraph of the documentation (section 2.4.1.11):

file:com/apache.d.txt is a relative path; relative paths for resources are
resolved using the
classpath and/or the datapath. For the file protocol, URLs starting with
file:/ or file:/// are absolute.

 -Adam