uima-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Epstein <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Aggregate AE Sofa Mapping with UIMACPP
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 21:08:50 GMT
Unfortunately sofa mapping in a Java aggregate have no effect on C++
components running in process via the JNI. There is a fairly simple
workaround which is to define the necessary sofa mapping in a C++
aggregate wrapping the C++ annotator.

There are two minor issues doing this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-1939 (fixed in UIMA 2.3.1)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-1941 (fixed in SVN, will be
in UIMACPP 2.3.1 when it is released)

Another workaround is to have the C++ annotator explicitly ask for the
specified view.

Eddie