uima-user mailing list archives

From Edward Johnson <ejohn...@coderyte.com>
Subject Accessing type system features within perl
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 17:08:57 GMT
I am having difficulty getting/setting a types features from within a perl annotator.  I have
tried a few things without success:

print $annotation->getStringValue('annotatorName'),"\n";
TypeError in method 'FeatureStructure_getStringValue', argument 2 of type 'Feature const &'

print $annotation->getFSValue('annotatorName')\n";
TypeError in method 'FeatureStructure_getFSValue', argument 2 of type 'Feature const &'

print $annotation->{'annotatorName'}\n";
Can't locate auto/perltator/AnnotationFS/swig_annota.al in @INC (@INC contains: ...) at perltator.pm
line 33

The first two messages suggest that I should be passing a Feature object instead of a string,
however, there doesn't appear to be a way to set the Feature object's name.

In the above examples, the type was created with an xml descriptor and has a string feature
named 'annotatorName'.

Could someone tell me the correct way to do this?

Thank you.
  Edward.