uima-user mailing list archives

From Pierre Pujalon <ppuja...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re: Lost Connection to Delegate
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 13:24:41 GMT
JC,

I had to work on this topic and add instrumentation a bit to try to have
a clearer vision. The basic idea is to test robustness of the processing
when the ActiveMQ have a downtime (generally only for milliseconds).
This scenario is a real life scenario.

I have an application client using the aggregate client with
UimaAsynchronousEngine. I have a pool of 4 CASes, a  timeout set to
15000ms in the client and not CASMultiplier in the aggregate.

When JMS gets down and up. I receive in my CallbackListener only one
exception out of the four CASes (the 15000ms timeout) . The three others
never trigger any timeout.
Actually, it seems that thoses CASes are being processed in the
aggregate as I have the trace of the annotators in the aggregate log.
But they never go back to the reply queue.

I traced the CASId that the engine sends and receives in the listener.
Let's say I have id1, Id2, id3 and id4.

As the JMS gets down and up,  one of the case (id1) is released . The
application client send another CAS . As this very point, the method
sendCas returns a CASId id5 but in the CallbackListener the
onBeforeMessageSend status tells me the CASid is id4.  It is confirmed
with the aggregate which logs the message :
Duplicate Request With Cas Reference Id: (id4) Received. Ignoring Duplicate.

The CasPool in the UIMAEngines is full and the client stalls.
Restarting the UIMAAsynchronousEngine is the only solution to continue
processing, the ag
My guess is that it comes from the UIMAAsynchronousEngine.
I hope it is clear

Pierre
PS : I set the timeout to 5 seconds, and I have a total different
scenario which is no better :)