uima-user mailing list archives

From Greg Holmberg <holmberg2...@comcast.net>
Subject Referring to file resources
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 09:29:26 GMT
Hi UIMA users--

So, it seems like I should put configuration files for my primitive annotator in "conf".

Then, in the descriptor, I created an externalResourceDependency to represent the path to
the directory containing the configuration files, and an externalResource:

    <externalResourceDependency>
      <key>configDir</key>
      <description/>
      <optional>false</optional>
    </externalResourceDependency>
    <externalResource>
      <name>com.foo.bar.configDir</name>
      <description/>
      <fileResourceSpecifier>
        <fileUrl>X</fileUrl>
      </fileResourceSpecifier>
    </externalResource>
    <externalResourceBinding>
      <key>configDir</key>
      <resourceName>com.foo.bar.configDir</resourceName>
    </externalResourceBinding>

I've tried a lot of values for X, trying to get it to point to the conf dir.  For example,
file:///../conf and file:///$main_root/conf    Nothing works except a full, absolute path:
file:/C:/Users/Greg/workspace/MyAnnotator/conf

But I don't want to hard-code that path since it only works for user "Greg".

How can I set a value points to the annotator's "conf" dir and works for all users?

Or is there a better way for my annotator to find its "conf" dir?

Thanks,

Greg Holmberg