uima-user mailing list archives

From Ben Morgan <benm.mor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SimpleServer configuration with Sofas
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 15:31:33 GMT
Eddie Epstein <eaepstein@...> writes:
> With sofamapping, the toplevel <aggregateSofaName> is the actual name
> of View in the CAS. Here one should find the views named _InitialView
> and extractedText

Didn't seem to make a difference though...

> Dumping the CAS to stdout is basically a one liner:
>
>     try {
>       XmiCasSerializer.serialize(aCAS, System.out);
>     } catch (SAXException e1) {
>       e1.printStackTrace();
>     }

Ok, in the process of doing this, I found out that I made a mistake in another
part of the code, and the statements were not being logged by Tomcat (I suppose
that is obvious, if the logger outputs to stdout or stderr). So in my process()
function, not all the code was being executed, which caused the problem with the
Sofa "plainText" not being found.

I'm still having a problem with only the default View/Sofa being shown after the
processing is done, but there is an error in the Tomcat log files:

    Caused by: org.apache.uima.cas.CASRuntimeException: The JCAS cover class
"de.uniwue.informatik.bibrefext.email.Email_Type" could not be loaded.

But I need to look into that myself a little bit further.

My main discovery is that I may have been looking for a long while in the wrong
spot; as a dog barking up the wrong tree. Sorry 'bout that.

-Ben