uima-user mailing list archives

From Ben Morgan <benm.mor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SimpleServer configuration with Sofas
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 10:12:12 GMT
Eddie wrote:
> As I understand it, your aggregate has two delegates: the first is
> sofa aware, reads the input data from the _InitialView and creates a
> new view called plainText; the second delegate is sofa unaware and
> expects to get the plainText view passed to it.

The aggregate is not quite like that:
    _InitialView
        -> urlString (input sofa of pdfextractor)
    plainText
        <- "extractedText" output sofa/view from pdfextractor
        -> goes to "_InitialView" input of email annotator

> This all works fine when run from CVD. When run from SimpleServer,
> processing crashes trying to access plainText. Presumably this is
> happening when the second delegate is being called. This could happen
> if for some reason sofamapping is broken when running under
> SimpleServer.
>
> It would be useful to:
> 1. know that the 1st delegate is running ok, and the problem is on the 2nd

When I tested the 1st delegate alone with SimpleServer, it did not output
what I expected. In the SimpleServer UI, you can choose what kind of output
you want, and I chose "Inline XML". I got as a Result then:

    <Result> http://input-text/url-to-the.pdf </Result>

But this result came back faster than the component could have processed the
input (it should have taken 3 seconds at least, instead of a few milliseconds).
So the 1st delegate independantly did not work, while the 2nd delegate did.

> 2. dumping the Cas contents after calling the first delegate to see
> exactly what is in there. This can be done by putting XmiSerialization
> code at the end of the 1st delegate.

I assume that I would do this in my own code. (As in, I wouldn't touch the
code of the SimpleServer). Alright, I'll try to do that and see what comes out.

Thanks alot for your help!

- Ben