uima-user mailing list archives

From Ben Morgan <benm.mor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SimpleServer configuration with Sofas
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 23:36:21 GMT
Thilo Götz <twgoetz@...> writes:
> the SimpleServer is not Sofa-aware, and neither
> am I .  I don't think there should be an
> exception, though.  Can you please post the full
> stack trace, maybe that will help.

I didn't want to paste the whole error log here, so you can see it at GitHub:
http://tinyurl.com/catalina-error-log-txt

(-> https://github.com/cassava/bibrefext/blob/uima/
UIMA/scratch/catalina_error_log.txt)

> To get the PDF extractor working, can't you
> change the default view somehow, so that
> CAS.getDocumentText() will retrieve the extracted
> text?  I thought that was possible to make
> non-Sofa aware annotators work with Sofa-aware
> ones.  However, not sure.

How would that work? Would I change the default view in the PDF Extractor java
source code? (Can you even do that?) But wouldn't that be bad coding practice?

- Ben