uima-user mailing list archives

From Dietmar Gräbner <d.graeb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UimaAS blocks when accessing a queue with multiple clients concurrently
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 18:13:19 GMT
Hi,

Finally I found the root of the problem: the analysisenging/delegate
section in the deployment descriptor.

I modified the meeting detector TAE "Deploy_MeetingDetectorTAE.xml"
file: The <analysis engine> section was added without any scaleout
information. Using this deployment descriptor with 100 Threads
(Clients) calling the the service asynchronously leads to the
blocking.

I tried it with both AMQ 4.1.1 and the latest version 5.X.

Here is the descriptor:
--------------
<analysisEngineDeploymentDescription
  xmlns="http://uima.apache.org/resourceSpecifier">

  <name>Meeting Detector TAE</name>
  <description>Deploys Meeting Detector Aggregate AE with all its
delegates in the same JVM.</description>

  <deployment protocol="jms" provider="activemq">
    <service>
      <inputQueue endpoint="MeetingDetectorTaeQueue"
brokerURL="${defaultBrokerURL}"/>
      <topDescriptor>
       <import location="../../descriptors/tutorial/ex4/MeetingDetectorTAE.xml"/>
      </topDescriptor>

       <analysisEngine key="MeetingDetectorTae">
              <delegates>
                <analysisEngine key="RoomNumber">
                </analysisEngine>
                <analysisEngine key ="DateTime">