uima-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Epstein <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: create complex Type System
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 16:18:12 GMT
Not sure exactly what you are asking. Normally the typesystem is
defined in one or more typesystem descriptor files. It is possible to
define types in a component descriptor, but I personally advocate
against this; types are intended to be shared between components, and
so the components should import the same typesystem descriptors.

It is also possible to create a typesystem without any xml files,
using APIs. This is used in Junit test code.
Code is here: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/uima/uimaj/trunk/uimaj-core/src/test/java/org/apache/uima/cas/test/CASTestSetup.java?revision=933273&view=markup

Javadoc here: http://uima.apache.org/downloads/releaseDocs/2.3.0-incubating/docs/api/index.html

Eddie