uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: create complex Type System
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 15:33:25 GMT

On 11/30/2010 9:44 AM, Andrea Turbati wrote:
>  Hello,
> I'm new to the UIMA AAE and I was able to create a "simple" AAE by putting
> different AE together without any real interaction between them. I'd like to
> go further and compose an AAE in which the type returned is not just the set
> of simple types from the AEs, but it is a new Type in which the elements are
> connected and interact in some way.
> So for example if I have 3 simple AEs:
>
>    * The first recognises *first name*
>    * The second the* last name*
>    * The third  the *title *(Mr. Miss, Mrs, etc.)
>
> I'd like to create an AAE in which I have as an output just one type that is
> able to identify for example "Mr. Andrea Turbati"as one annotation and not as
> three different ones.
>
> I'd like to do the composition not manually but from a java application at
> runtime.

I'm not certain what your question is, but this sounds similar to one of the
example annotators: MeetingAnnotator - it is an annotator that takes the results
of 2 previous annotators, "TutorialDateTime" and RoomNumberAnnotator, and makes
a new Meeting annotation, whose span is from the beginning of the earliest
previous annotation to the end of the latest one.

You can see the source here:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/uima/uimaj/trunk/uimaj-examples/src/main/java/org/apache/uima/tutorial/ex4/MeetingAnnotator.java?revision=933273&view=markup
<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/uima/uimaj/trunk/uimaj-examples/src/main/java/org/apache/uima/tutorial/ex4/MeetingAnnotator.java?revision=933273&view=markup>

-Marshall Schor