uima-user mailing list archives

From Fabien POULARD <fab...@fabienpoulard.info>
Subject Re: Snowball Annotator
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 16:46:22 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 2:43 PM, ahalley@tiscali.co.uk
<ahalley@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> I am trying to get SnowballAnnotator to run with the DocumentAnalyzer.
> The line
> FSIterator tokenIterator = aJCas.getCas().getAnnotationIndex(this.
> tokenAnnotation).iterator(); returns an empty iterator.
>
> I am sure this is a configuration issue but can't figure out where.

As you are using the DocumentAnalyzer, I'm guessing that the text was
not tokenized which is a necessary step. The iterator is null because
there is no annotation.

You may use an aggregate including the tokenizer (WhitespaceTokenizer
for example) as well as the SnowballAnnotator. You may also use the
CpeGui so that you're able to add both annotators without creating an
aggregate one.

--
Fabien