uima-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Epstein <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data read problem in UIMA-AS
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 20:30:23 GMT
Lokesh,

Are you planning to run multiple copies of the service? If so, were
you going to distribute the input data ahead of time to the different
machines? If not, the only other reason to use UIMA AS is to optimize
multi-threaded operation on a single machine. Can you say what your
UIMA AS goals are?

Anyway, as you said, data flow can be a performance bottleneck. If it
is, then figure 5 at http://uima.apache.org/doc-uimaas-what.html could
be what you want. If the job is mostly data flow limited, you may want
to look into running the UIMA analytics under Hadoop. There are
references to that on the Apache UIMA web.

Eddie