uima-user mailing list archives

From feixiang <feixian...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Also the performance of UIMA AS
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 04:00:40 GMT
Eddie Epstein <eaepstein@...> writes:

> getEmptyCas() will block until a free CAS is available in the CasPool
> to which the request is made. Generally the CasPool for a CasMutiplier
> is created with as many CASes as are needed to keep downstream
> components busy.
>
> If remote JMX access is enabled for UIMA AS service processes, there
> are MBeans for the service giving similar performance statistics to
> that in CPE.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Eddie
>
> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 3:23 AM, feixiang <feixiangcq@...> wrote:
> > I do the experiment again.And  I find out that the code
> > "newseg = getEmptyJCas();"
> > consumes so much time.Does getEmptyJCas() consume so much time in UIMA AS?
> >  But I test it in CPE,it consumes little time. I am confused about the
result.Can
> > anyone help me? Thank you.

Thank you,Eddie Epstein.I think the method "getEmptyCas()" did blocked
 in my multiplier that consumed so much time.Now I introduce my system.
The aggregate AE(assumed as A) contains 3 AEes.The second part assumed
 as B is a multiplier which contains a flow controller.B produce a new
 cas and drop the original cas.The casPool and casMultiplier poolsize
 are:

in A:
   casPool=30
   casMultiplier = 20
in B(There is one instance):
   casPool=5
   casMultiplier = 2
Other parts in A: casPool<10
   I find the bottleneck is B.The getEmptyCas is always blocked.But
the poolsize is bigger enough that a free CAS is always available.
   So what's wrong the B?And how can I avoid the method is blocked
 to get high performance?
   Thank you very much.